donderdag 11 juni 2015

A big plus for Cognitive Surplus



Cognitive Surplus is a small organization that creates and designs “smart gifts for smart people”, owned and run by Kristen and Geoff Zephyrus. The most beautiful, intelligent, physics- and science-inspired notebooks are part of their collection. I truly find them “must-have” notebooks.

On the website of Cognitive Surplus it states: “We are fascinated by and curious about the science in the world around us. We love everything from physics jokes to the exquisite beauty of early scientific etchings and illustrations. We’re inspired by a sense of wonder for our universe and a desire to look closer. Everything from gazing up at the night sky to the way magnets work is both intriguing and a little magical, and we hope that we’re able to share some of our excitement through our designs.”

For sure they got me excited. They have bags, clothing, drinkware, stationery and wall art. Their stationery range consists of Notebooks, Greetings Cards and Wax Seals. My particular interest is in their notebooks and I was more than excited when I found their designs. All of their notebooks have beautiful covers and have a link with a scientific branch, for instance, medicine. The notebook is called Anatomical Heart Vintage Hardcover EcoJournal and is a beautiful carmine red. The desings are so specific they can almost be used as summaries. 



These notebooks are perfect gifts for friends and family members who have a knack for special things and gadgets. I always wondered what kind of notebooks to give friends who do like notebooks but cannot get as much excited about let’s say the “Hello Kitty” notebooks. Cognitive Surplus notebooks have a maturity in them that make them perfect for just about anybody.

I had to have these supercool, superinteresting and superinspiring notebooks. I have four of them and I am superhappy with them. All of them have scientific imagery as a cover. Two of them have soft covers and two of them are hardcovers. The Anatomical Heart Vintage Hardcover EcoJournal is gorgeous with its striking red cover. But inside the notebooks are even better. The paper quality is very good. It is not as thick as you would expect but strong enough. The inside has lines on the right side and squares on the left side. The squares are not as small as usual but slightly bigger. That is why they are great for drawing maps, creating charts, writing down overviews and anything visual. The combination of both the squares and lines has the effect of writing down the essence of things on the right and making a visual overview on the left.





My other notebook is the blue one with the constellation that has a glow in the dark cover. How cool is that! I just cannot get over how interesting these ntoebooks are. My scientific explorations will be so much fun from now on. I recently started studying bits of quantum physics and used a plain notebook for it, but I did miss a space to make drawings of atoms and charts. With the squared left and ruled right side I can make valuable and synchronized notes.



Kristen and Geoff Zephyrus from Cognitive Surplus succeeded in building a lovely notebook collection that transfers their excitement unto me. I hope they keep creating their notebooks so we can enjoy them as long as we want. One thing I can guarantee you, you will fill them up quickly with your notes and ideas. You can find more information about the mand their notebooks on http://www.cognitive-surplus.com/





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten